Why Electric Mountain Bikes are Becoming More Popular
May 31, 2023 8:57 pm
Since the start of this century, a silent revolution has taken place in the niche of mountain biking that has transformed in an outstanding way the experience of off-road cycling. This epic transformation has been led by electric mountain bikes, which are a fusion of human power with electric propulsion. These innovative machines offer a thrilling and eco-friendly alternative to traditional bicycles, empowering riders to go farther, faster, and with less effort.
What difference between a traditional mountain bike and the electric one?
Electric mountain bikes differ from traditional mountain bikes in a way that they have an electric motor and a battery integrated into the frame. This electric motor and battery offer different levels of assistance and modes that a rider can choose from depending on the difficulty of the trail.
The battery along with the motor is capable of providing hours of support to the rider. This powerful, innovative, and advanced feature tremendously improves the riding experience by providing assistance that ranges from a gentle push to a powerful assist. By using Electric Mountain bikes riders can significantly enhance their range of pedaling or the distance they tend to cover.
Reasons that account for the popularity of electric mountain bikes
The following are the reasons for the enhanced popularity of electric mountain bikes
- The development of lightweight and powerful electric motors, high-capacity batteries, and advanced control systems has greatly contributed to the rise of E mountain bikes. These decades in the making of technological advancements have given birth to high-performance mountain bikes that allow riders to accomplish with ease challenging trails all the while increasing the range at the same time.
- Now with the assistance of powerful motors mountain biking has become easy and accessible. Now even those individuals that are well into their adulthood or those with physical limitations such as obese individuals can also enjoy the sport of mountain biking with the help of e-mountain bikes. The high-capacity batteries in E-mountain bikes have enhanced the amount of distance that individuals can cover as compared to traditional mountain bikes.
- Electric Mountain bikes offer an eco-friendly and greener alternative when it comes to exploring scenic landscapes dipped in nature. In contemporary times, more and more focus is on sustainability and climate-friendly modes of transportation. Thus, Electric Mountain bikes are a perfect alternative to gas-guzzling bikes for sports as well as for recreation.
- Since so many brands of mountain bikes have erupted in the past couple of decades and each investing heavily in research and development, thus the emergence of electrical mountain bikes was a natural occurrence. These companies have recognized the growing demand for motorized mountain bikes especially due to their demographic appeal that allows even retiring mountain bikers to continue the sport for as long as they want to enjoy doing it keeping the physical limitations aside.
- The manufacturers of electric MTB set aside a hefty budget for their marketing efforts. However, the rise of social media platforms and online communities dedicated to mountain biking has played a significant role in popularizing of these powerful mountain bikes. They have aptly through various demonstrations of personal experience showcased the capabilities of electric mountain bikes.
Top Electric Mountain Bikes On The Market
It’s time to dig into the best three models of electric mountain bikes available in the market and their features as well as their pros. All the below-mentioned bikes have been selected after having a look at their reviews which are overwhelmingly pleasing for these bikes and make them stand on the top.
- Voodoo Bizango E Shimano: This bike is a tremendously innovative piece of equipment that comes with a powerful electric motor to give you the support you need to conquer the toughest of the trails. Its electric motor that makes climbing easy comes with four modes of riding: Boost, Trail, Eco, and Off. This high-strength hardtail mountain bike comes with a lightweight alloy frame and has 10-speed gearing for reliable transmission. It is packed with superior stopping power with its hydraulic disc brakes and has a geometry that offers impeccable control. Moreover, its rocks-hock suspension 29” x 2.4” Maxxis Ardent tires – provide you with an exceptional riding experience on any terrain. Lastly, with just 5 to 6 hours of charging it can go for 40 miles enough to complete a full day of riding.
- ZOBOP-E: This is another electric mountain bike introduced by Voodoo that comes further than its erstwhile counterpart in performance, agility, range, comfort, and strength. It comes with a 504Wh battery that provides 60 miles of range in all conditions. Its Shimano Steps E7000 motor is centrally mounted supporting excellent balance and superior torque. It is a full-suspension electric mountain bike that supports smart control systems that prevent the battery from overheating and overcharging. The charging time of the battery is 6-7 hours and allows the bike to maintain five riding modes which are boost, trail, walk, eco, and off. Lastly, it comes with 27.5-inch superior grip wheels that are backed by hydraulic brakes thereby providing outstanding control.
The rise of electric mountain bikes has brought a positive difference in the transportation culture. Many advanced economies with strict environmental regulations have encouraged the use of sustainable and physically beneficial modes of transportation. This is where these versatile machines stand on the top. These mini-electric vehicles that have tremendously improved in design, performance, and range are increasingly used to commute to work and leisure rather than just being used for sports. In fact, they have offered an excellent alternative to conventional vehicles.
Categorised in: Electric Mountain Bikes